Friday, August 6, 2010

A Day Trip & A Camera Phone

I love taking day trips to Delicious Orchard, it's a wonderful country food market. It's almost a mini vacation or escape from day to day life. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera and I'll try to remember it on my next day trip. So, I used the next best thing...my camera phone. So, I'll apologize ahead of time for the low quality pictures.

At Delicious Orchard you can find everything from fresh local fruits and veggies to fresh baked bread, doughnuts, pies and old fashioned candies. As soon as you walk in, you can smell the yummy doughnuts and the fresh pressed apple ciders.

As weird as this may sound, I feel like a character out of a Disney movie when I'm there. You are surrounded by flowers, berry bushes and apple trees. It seriously makes me want to prance around the trees and sing along with the birds. I know...corny, but I love coming here.

I usually want to buy everything when I'm here. I was really excited to picked up some honeydew nectarines, eight ball zucchinis, red currents, meyer lemons, zucchini blossoms, and lots more. Tonight, I will be making the polenta stuffed zucchini blossoms. I'm super excited to prepare these. I will be posting the recipe for you very soon.

While here, you can enjoy the outdoor Cider Cafe. I love grabbing a bite to eat at their cafe. You can lounge around outside surrounded by nature. The birds tend flock to your feet as you eat. I don't think they're just being cute, they truly want my cider and panini. Unfortunately for them, I do not like sharing my food. =) Oh, did I mention that they press their own apple cider?!? So yummy.

These little guys were just inches away from me. I think they actually posed.

I'm already counting down the days to pumpkin picking already, just so I drink warm apple cider with their apple cider doughnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...